Sunday, December 12, 2010

UDPP vs Too Faced



Urban Decay Primer Potion was my first primer I ever bought. I fell in love instantly. No more creasing during the day/night when I wore my makeup. That is such a pet peeve of mine. The packaging is uber cute and retro. You can see above and below, its shaped similar to a genie bottle. The packaging rocks, but how much can you get out of it? 


I decided to put it to the test. I bought UDPP in Sin about 4 months ago, and I noticed last week I was running low. Hmmm...it still feels pretty full. I tried hard to break the little bottle open. I tried a knife, scissors and throwing it against the wall. I finally got it open and was in shock on how much was STILL in the bottle. I filled up a little container that is 1 inch in diameter and 1/2 inch deep. I managed to fill it completely to the top! Can you believe that? How much was wasted on my last UDPP and I threw it away. BAD! 

I've have heard great things about Too Faced Shadow Insurance and I gave it a try. Keeps color strong and crease free all day long during wear. The container lets you get all of the product out with out surgery like UDPP. I was a little disappointed that it only come in one shade. :( 

Urban Decay Primer Potion

Colors: Nude (dries to become invisible), Sin (champagne shimmer) and Eden (tawny matte finish)
Price $18
Weight: 0.34 oz

Too Faced Shadow Insurance

Color: Nude
Price: $18
Weight: 0.35 oz

Winner ------->   Too Faced Shadow Insurance

No comments: