Sunday, June 2, 2019

BoxyCharm Limited: Skincare Box 2019




I found out about BoxyCharm's Limited Edition Skincare Box from this Facebook group I'm on for makeup junkies (we buy and sell). I really do have a problem! hehe. In April for or $50 you received 8 FULL SIZED skincare products. Besides makeup, skincare is my second love. I jumped on the offer for this box. YAAASSSSS SKINCASE. I loved everything except for 1 product, which is pretty damn impressive. 

Glow Recipe's Watermelon Glow Sheet Mask Duo Set - This mask set is truly one of a kind! Made of hydro gel and watermelon rind. It comes in 2 pieces to apply to your face. They won Blink Beauty's Indie Award for Best Sheet Face Mask and I must say it's well deserved. Retail for $8 each
Farsali's Jelly Beam in Glow Up - JELLY BEAM! I didn't expect a illuminator to be in my skincare box, but I'm thrilled. It truly jiggles like jelly; so much that it almost plopped out of the container when I opened it. Glow Up is a gel like highlighter that dries on like powder. This can be mixed in with your foundation or applied before. I've even thrown it on after my moisturizer - then gone to work. Jelly Beam comes in 3 shades, Retails for $40
Caudalie Grape Water - When I first saw this in my box I thought it was similar to the Evian hydrate spray, that you use to cool you face down. But this is pretty neat. It works the same way; spray on your face then it'll evaporate into your skin. It truly did hydrate my face, but I didn't notice a difference for uneven skin. Retails for $10
Saturday Skin Rub-A-Dub Refining Peel Gel - First time I used this in the shower, I didn't think it was working. But reading instructions is helpful - it's important to wash your face, then pat dry and you can then apply the gel. My face was still  tad wet in the shower, so I couldn't see all the impurities peeling away on my skin like it claims. But examining my face afterward...boy could I tell the difference. My pores were 90% cleaned out! My skin was pretty red since I had come from LA Tan. I probably shouldn't have applied a scrub. OH WELL! Retails for $28
Kopari's Coconut Cleansing Oil - I was a little disappointed receiving this product. Wasn't it the equivalent to using coconut oil? Only more expensive? Being the last item to test out I found it QUITE effective. I had swatched a few lip and eye products on my hand, then sprayed Kopari over it. Taking a tissue I wiped it over my hand and it ALL came off. For reals? For reals! When I was low on funds over the years I would turn to coconut oil as a makeup remover, but the problem is that is makes my face greasy and it clogs your pores. I prefer makeup remover wipes, but I will be keeping this as a backup for sure. Retails for $32
Cosmedix Jade Roller - My second facial roller after the Professional Ice Roller (although I wanted this one and heard of it first) I was mega stoked to get this in my skincare box. It helps your skin boost circulation, minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and reduce the appearance of puffiness while providing some what like massage. Now, I need to be better at using both my rollers on a daily basis to get the results they claim. Even if it doesn't work like it says, I do enjoy the feeling it offers. Retails for $32
GlamGlow SuperSerum - I've really hopped on the GlamGlow train. I was worried I would get the  cleanser but I received the serum instead - YAS. I'll be honest; I've never heard of this Super 6 Acid Blend. To break it down, they use activated charcoal and the Super Six Acid Blend to help cell renewal, plump your skin and give you a glowing complexion. Retails for $65
Elemis' Superfood Night Cream - This night cream is a prebiotic, omega rich cream with super grain complex. It basically feeds into your dry skin. It doesn't take much to apply and doesn't feel thick or heavy, which is odd for a night cream. It has a unique scent of a plant based product. When I wake in the mornings I can tell the difference in my face; my skin is hydrated and plump. Retails for $55



No comments: