Sunday, June 9, 2019

Ipsy Glam Bag Plus - May 2019 (My First Box)




One lucky day I logged into my Ipsy app to check what would be inside my next months Glam Bag. I had a popup that stated I was of the Glambag Plus waitlist. YASSSS! I have been trying for so many, many months just to get ON the waitlist. Only 3 months later did I get that wonderful news.

Ipsy gives you the option to keep its Glambag of mini products for $10 or choose Glambag Plus for $25, which includes FULL SIZE products. You also get the choice to pick both. I went with...BOTH!!! For the time being, I enjoy collecting the Glam Bags, but I am growing tired of non-full sized products.


Go To Face Hero - Face oils have been rising up in popularity; however, it's a product I don't know much about. I generally stay away from oils (even coconut, now) due to the way it makes my face feel...greasy. The 1st day I used Face Hero I applied 10 drops. Too many! 2nd time, I applied 3-4 drops after my moisturizer and that was the perfect combo. My skin was brightened, hydrated all night and no greasy feeling. Time will tell if it revives my complexion. I appreciate how they use natural ingredients though. Retails for $34




Il Makiage Icon High Mascara - Il Makiage is a brand I've recently seen over Facebook ads. While now I have only tried the mascara, it's pretty epic. It drove me crazy when my regular Ipsy Glam Bag kept sending me mascara's I did not want. Today - I can say...I WANT! This mascara is fantastic. You wouldn't know by looking at the wand; it deceives you in a good way. It claims to curl and fan your lashes. While my lashes only curled a little that is more on me and the straight as board lashes of mine. They sell it in 3 colors: black, brown and blue. Blue? Yas, I approve! You can tell below with  my silly picture below, on the right is bare lashes and has the mascara. Retails for $25



Illamasqua Lip Coloring Pencil Due in Lust and Media - Illamasqua lip pencils surprised me. If you look at them closely, you can see how old school the pencil is. It's been ages since I've seen one of the original wood pencils. But I'm not judging yet; it doesn't prevent the company's quality. Illamasqua is a really fantastic, high-end brand. I fell in love with their liners after watching Xsparkage's Cheshire Cat makeup tutorial 6-8 years ago. I still never found that color, FYI. If you know the color, drop a note! 😍 I was pleasantly surprised when I opened my Glam Bag Plus and they provided BOTH liners. Usually, with Ipsy you only get 1 in the box. Lust is pink-ish coral and Media is lighter cranberry shade. Retails for $21 each



Yensa Tone Up Primer Essential Glow - Don't judge a book by its cover, applies here. When I read all about this primer and how it helps blur, correct, enhance your makeup and basically help you look flawless - I was not a believer. I tested it on my hand and there was no glow or color to it. It was like a basic primer on bare skin. However, in the end, the result was stellar. When I wear powder foundation during the week to work, it's kinda basic. Adding this primer before applying my foundation I can definitely tell the difference. My skin appeared even and less red with a little glow. I'm on board! Retails for $35


Wander Beauty Wanderess Seascape Palette - This palette has 6 shades total including 1 matte and 5 foils/shimmers. The shades are buttery and blend well. The color payoff is impressive; I am looking forward to playing with this palette. Retails for $25

No comments: