Friday, January 22, 2010

Glam Rock



Walking back from class the other day heard this woman say, “why can’t I do my makeup like those rock stars?” Well, you can! And it doesn’t have to be complex or black. Be bold with blue or striking with silver. Below you will see my roommates sporting what I call rock star glam. Part wild, part cat and all rock star! For the silver look, apply your black shadow on your lid, then apply the silver dust by patting and blending in. You may need to reapply to silver to get a more fierce look. By pulling out the sides, you create this cat eye…which in my opinion is super fabulous. Add some black liner under your eye and buff out with the silver finishes your glam look. All can be done in minutes. For a more brighter and dramatic look, I used purple & blue (2 different times, same girl). With the brighter colors, I applied the shadow to the lid and I blended up toward the brow and pulled out for a extreme cat eye. Also, accenting it with glitter line adds an extra BAM. Instead of using black liner, I used a liner which was just a tad darker than the shadow which can give it dimension.


What I used:
Silver Glam – Urban Decay’s potion primer, Urban Decay’s Zero eye liner, Bare Minerals’ Black Leather & 1980’s. Estee Lauder’s Lash Primer & Mascara.
Purple Glam – Urban Decay’s Eyeshadow Primer, Urban Decay’s Flash & Grifter Shadow, Lust Eye Liner, Big Fatty Mascara & Metal Head Glitter Liner.
Blue Glam – Urban Decay’s Eyeshadow Primer, MAC’s 007, Urban Decay’s Kiddie Pool Shadow, Electric Eye Liner, Air Guitar Glitter Liner & Big Fatty Mascara.

No comments: