Sunday, November 28, 2010

Burlesque Makeup: Kristen Bell as Nikki



I saw Burlesque last night and I fell in love with it! I was afraid it was going to be some cliche dance movie, but it was so much more than that. The music, the costumes, the makeup, the art and did I mention the makeup? Such a great time!!! 




Kristen Bell plays Nikki, who is the diva of the performers. She is quite a bitch as well. But when they hear Ali's voice, Nikki gets booted fast and becomes the jealous backup dancer. 


Nikki's makeup stayed at a steady pace. She had a dark brown cat eye with white in the inner corner, which matched her dark hair. She kept the same makeup throughout the film.

I like how it turned out. I don't ever seem to do cat eyes, and I'm not quite sure why. ha. I never wear brown eye shadow because I'm so against neutral colors, but this is anything but good girl eyes!





 





What I Used:
Eyes
Urban Decay Primer Potion in Sin
Lancome e/s in Lezard
Lancome e/s in Honeymoon
Urban Decay e/s in Polyester Bride
Urban Decay 24/7 pencil in Crash
Calypso Minerals' e/s in Twilight
Ardell lashes in Enchanted 
Face
Loreal Anti Redness Primer
Covergirl Tru Blend Minerals in 410
Urban Decay concealer in FBI
Urban Decay blush in Quickie
Urban Decay Brow Box in Brown Sugar
Lips
Sephora pencil in Real Red
Prestige l/s in Heartbreak

2 comments:

charmed-chick said...

cute look i could never pull off the whole red lip look :)

RetroUrbanRainbow said...

it took me a long time to figure out the right shade of red to pull off lol